Dear ADRIO Member,
As a member of the ADR Institute of Ontario (ADRIO), you are also a member of the ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC). According to ADRIC’s General By-Law No.1, its Board of Directors includes one Director who is a member of ADRIO and is elected annually by ADRIO members.
This year, the election of an ADRIO member to the ADRIC Board of Directors will take place at the same time as the election of ADRIO’s Board Directors, and is scheduled for Thursday, June 3, 2021, during the ADRIO Annual General Meeting. The deadline for nominations is Monday, April 19, 2021. ADRIO members can only be nominated for either the ADRIO or ADRIC Board of Directors, but not both. A nominee for the ADRIC Board of Directors may not serve concurrently on the ADRIO Board.
To stand for office or nominate a candidate for the ADRIC Board of Directors, members must be in good standing. If you haven’t already done so, please renew your membership in order to be able to participate in the nomination process. If you are a Student or Associate Member, upgrade your membership by calling Rachael Whitzman: 437 332 2479.
ADRIO members applying for nomination as a candidate for election to the ADRIC Board of Directors pursuant to ADRIC’s General By-Law No.1, Section VIII. 2. and 3. should note the following:
– The ADRIC Board Director is to hold office for a term of one (1) year;
– The ADRIC Board Director’s term of office begins immediately after the ADRIC Annual General Meeting, which will be held on October 21, 2021.
Other relevant information:
– The ADRIC Board meets six or seven times a year, usually every other month.
– ADRIC Directors are asked to participate in two committees, so the total time commitment is about 50 hours per year.
– Meetings are mostly held through videoconferencing, with one in-person meeting in the Spring and one adjacent to the ADRIC conference. Locations of in-person vary, and travel and hotel costs are covered.
– For more information, please contact Janet McKay, ADRIC’s Executive Director at 416-487-4733 ext.105 or email@example.com.
You will find a nomination form here. (Please note: this is an interactive form in Microsoft Word format, so you will need to download the form to your computer first; the download button is at the top right corner.)
Information of nominees provided on nomination forms will be shared with members as attachments to the ballot for the election.
Please note the following requirements of the nomination process:
1. The nominee and nominators must be members in good standing. The nomination must contain the written assent of the nominee.
2. Completed nomination forms must be received no later than 5 pm on Monday, April 19, 2021.
Your close attention to and compliance with the above deadline and details is required to ensure the nomination process work smoothly to everyone’s benefit. Thank you.
The ADRIO 36th Annual General Meeting is on June 3, 2021, 9:00am to 10:00am; register for the meeting here.
The 3-day Professional Development Conference, Adapting in the Moment: Creating an Impact in Unprecedented Times, will start at 12:00pm on June 3, 2021; read the conference brochure and register here.