Dear ADRIO Member,
As a member of the ADR Institute of Ontario (ADRIO), you are also a member of the ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC). According to ADRIC’s General By-Law No.1, its Board of Directors includes one Director who is a member of ADRIO and is elected annually by ADRIO members.
This year, the election of an ADRIO member to the ADRIC Board of Directors will take place at the same time as the election of ADRIO’s Board Directors, and is scheduled for Thursday, June 4, 2020, during the ADRIO Annual General Meeting. Please consider running for the ADRIC position or nominating other members. The deadline for nominations is Monday, April 20, 2020. ADRIO members can only be nominated for either the ADRIO or ADRIC Board of Directors, but not both. A nominee for the ADRIC Board of Directors may not serve concurrently on the ADRIO Board.
To stand for office or nominate a candidate for the ADRIC Board of Directors, members must be in good standing. If you haven’t already done so, please renew your membership in order to be able to participate in the nomination process. If you are a Student or Associate Member, upgrade your membership by calling Morgan: 416-487-4447 x102 (Tue to Fri, from 8 am to 4 pm).
ADRIO members applying for nomination as a candidate for election to the ADRIC Board of Directors pursuant to ADRIC’s General By-Law No.1, Section VIII. 2. and 3. should note the following:
– The ADRIC Board Director is to hold office for a term of one (1) year;
– The ADRIC Board Director’s term of office begins immediately after the ADRIC Annual General Meeting, which will be held on October 22, 2020.
Other relevant information:
– The ADRIC Board meets six or seven times a year, usually every other month.
– ADRIC Directors are asked to participate in two committees, so the total time commitment is about 50 hours per year.
– Meetings are mostly held through videoconferencing, with one in-person meeting in the Spring and one adjacent to the ADRIC conference. Locations of in-person vary, and travel and hotel costs are covered.
– For more information, please contact Janet McKay, ADRIC’s Executive Director at 416-487-4733 ext.105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will find a nomination
form here. Information of nominees provided on nomination forms will be shared
with members as attachments to the ballot for the election.
Please note the following requirements of the nomination process:
1. The nominee must be a member in good standing.
2. All nominations must be signed by two members in good standing, and contain the written assent of the nominee, before the nomination form is submitted. Staff are not allowed to collect signatures on your behalf.
3. Completed nomination forms must be received at the ADRIO office no later than 5 pm on Monday, April 20, 2020 (i.e. at least 45 days prior to the Annual General Meeting, excluding the date of the meeting).
Your close attention to and compliance with the above deadline and details is required to ensure the nomination process work smoothly to everyone’s benefit. Thank you.
The ADRIO 35th Annual General Meeting and Conference: Enriching Your ADR Toolkit will be held on Thursday, June 4, 2020 at the Novotel North York, 3 Park Home Avenue, Toronto. View details here and register now.
Yours very truly,
President, ADR Institute of Ontario, Inc.