At the 2021 AGM, ADRIO members approved changes to the bylaws regarding governance structures and processes. These changes include the opportunity for members to self-nominate, a reduction in board size (17 members in 2022 and 13 members starting 2023) and a limit of four consecutive terms for directors.
Members applying for nomination as a candidate for election to the Board of Directors pursuant to ADRIO’s By-Law No.1, Section 10 should note the following:
- The 2022-2023 Board of Directors will be comprised of seventeen Directors.
- At the 2022 Annual General Meeting, nine Directors are to be elected. These elected Directors will have a two (2) year term of office from the date of the 2022 Annual General Meeting until the second Annual General Meeting after such election.
- The nine Directors to be elected at the 2022 Annual General Meeting will be determined by the Scrutineers who will count the votes cast by ballots and select: Two (2) nominees from outside the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) with the largest aggregate number of votes, and; remaining nominees whether from within or outside the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) with the largest aggregate number of votes.
You will find the nomination form here (Please note: this is an interactive form in Microsoft Word format, so you will need to download the form to your computer first; to download, click “file” at the top left corner, then click “download,” then select “Microsoft Word.”)
You can view the expectations for Directors and a list of current Board committees here.
Biographical information provided by nominees will be shared with members as attachments to the ballot for the election.
Please note the following requirements of the nomination process:
- The nominee must be a member in good standing.
- Completed nomination forms must be received no later than 5 pm on April 18, 2022.
The ADRIO 37th Annual General Meeting is on June 2, 2022, 9:00am to 10:00am; register for the meeting here.