Dear ADRIO Member,
The election of the Board of Directors for the 2020-2022 term will be held on Thursday, June 4, 2020, during the Annual General Meeting. Please consider running for office or nominating other members. The deadline for nominations is Monday, April 20, 2020.
To stand for office or nominate a candidate for the Board of Directors, members must be in good standing. If you have not already done so, please renew your membership in order to be able to participate in the nomination process. If you are an Associate or Student Member, please upgrade your membership by calling Morgan at 416-487-4447 ext.102 (Tue to Fri, 8 am to 4 pm).
Members applying for nomination as a candidate for election to the Board of Directors pursuant to ADRIO’s By-Law No.1 Section 11, should note the following:
- The Board of Directors is composed of twenty (20) Directors.
- At the 2020 Annual General Meeting, ten (10) Directors are to be elected. These ten (10) Directors will have a two (2) year term of office from the date of the 2020 Annual General Meeting until the second Annual General Meeting after such election.
- The ten (10) Directors to be elected at the 2020 Annual General Meeting will be determined by the Scrutineers who will count the votes cast by ballots and select:
>two (2) nominees from outside the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) with the largest aggregate number of votes, and;
>eight (8) nominees whether from within or outside the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) with the largest aggregate number of votes.
You will find the nomination form here (please note: this is an interactive form in Microsoft Word format, so you will need to download the form to your computer first; the download button is at the top right corner).
You can view the expectations for Directors and a list of current Board committees here. Information of nominees provided on nomination forms will be shared with members as attachments to the ballot for the election.
Please note the following requirements of the nomination process:
- The nominee must be a member in good standing.
- All nominations must be signed by two members in good standing, and contain the written assent of the nominee, before the nomination form is submitted. Staff are not allowed to collect signatures on your behalf.
- Completed nomination forms must be received at the ADRIO office no later than 5 pm on Monday, April 20, 2020 (i.e. at least 45 days prior to the Annual General Meeting, excluding the date of the meeting).
Your close attention to and compliance with the above deadline and details is required to ensure the nomination process work smoothly to everyone’s benefit. Thank you.
The ADRIO 35th Annual General Meeting and Conference: Enriching Your ADR Toolkit will be held on Thursday, June 4, 2020 at the Novotel North York, 3 Park Home Avenue, Toronto. View details here and register now.
Yours very truly,
President, ADR Institute of Ontario, Inc.