Developed as part of a unique partnership, this joint ADRIO/FDRIO/OsgoodePD program will provide a forum for discussion focusing on broadening the skills of those currently working in med-arb and provide a wealth of information for those contemplating a career in med-arb or those who simply work in dispute resolution and need a grounding of the concepts.
As a new and developing method of dispute resolution, Mediation-Arbitration is likely to play an expanded role in our justice system, requiring a special skill set and raising unique challenges for all those involved.
This full day program will ensure that:
- You know the legal boundaries of med-arb practice including the value of med-arb agreements and potential liabilities for med-arb practitioners
- You are fully aware of the ethical issues at play in med-arb and have the skills to face them transparently and thoughtfully
- You have a solid understanding of your role as an effective advocate from preparation to problem-solving to documenting the settlement and beyond
- Have an understanding of the future of med-arb including the real and perceived barriers to its future use
- You’ll walk away with a cleared understanding of the practical/practice development issues you will face